I majored in Exercise Science as an undergrad at BYU, with an emphasis in Fitness and Wellness. I love exercising, being active and helping others achieve their fitness goals!
Wellness is not just being physically strong and able but also includes other aspects that helps one be well rounded:
Top 10 healthy habits that are small and simple changes anyone at any age or stage can do:
- Drink more water – aim for 8 cups a day.
- Regular and consistent exercise -find something you love to do that’s not a chore.
- Practice stress relief like meditation, deep breathing, stretching, yoga, etc.
- Walk more – take the stairs, walk on your lunch break, park farther away.
- Get enough sleep! – you will be mentally sharp and more able to maintain a healthy weight. One of the factors of obesity is a lack of sleep.
- Eat breakfast.
- Fill your body with whole foods – the less processed, the better it is for your body.
- Lift weights – You don’t need to become a body builder, but strengthen your muscles and bones.
- Look on the bright side – make an effort to focus on the positives instead of the negatives, don’t compare yourself to others.
- Serve and reach out to others – both parties will benefit in countless ways.