Even though we’ve moved about a dozen times, it’s been hard to beat San Diego as a hometown. I’ve loved things about every city we’ve lived in but would always love to move back to San Diego. Top 10 things I love:
- Weather- SD weather is hard to beat, generally sunny and warm with a little humidity and an ocean breeze!
- Beaches – between the beach and the mountains, I’m definitely a beach person! Nothing better than an afternoon relaxing or sleeping on the beach listening to the ocean waves.
- Relaxed culture – I feel like SD people are very relaxed, casual, and friendly.
- Vegetation – I love the rolling hills, finger canyons and coast.
- Mexican food – close proximity to the border makes for delicious and pretty authentic Mexican food. I could eat rice and beans everyday!
- LDS temple – This is the first temple I saw and where we got married. I love it’s grandeur that is manifest when you come around the freeway bend.
- Padres – I have a lot of good memories going to baseball games with my family! I still love hearing AC/DC’s ‘Hell’s Bells’ because it was Trevor Hoffman’s entrance song.
- Family activities like the San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Balboa Park and the Aquarium.
- Location – it’s close to Mexico and LA/Disneyland. I love that Spanish culture has influenced the style of homes and street names. I also love that there’s a major airport downtown, complete with an amazing view when you fly into the city.
- Natural beauty – I feel that SD is naturally beautiful, clean and fresh. It will always be my hometown!
Would you want to go back to your hometown?!