The perfect way to cover unsightly cords! great for an office or home.
We recently finished this interesting mystery drama series on Netflix – anyone else?!
I guest posted at The Stoker Kitchen for Megan’s Fitness Friday series on exercises you can do with NO equipment – perfect for moms, busy people, travelers, students, etc.
I studied Exercise Science at BYU and absolutely loved my major! While I’m not currently working in my field, it’s so applicable to everyday life. Having a strong core is beneficial to one’s overall health and wellness, something I probably took for granted before having kids! My kids are almost 2 years apart and my body was definitely changed through the pregnancies and 2 C-sections (side note: it’s totally worth it, being a mom is the most amazing thing!)
I’m still working on the process of rebuilding my core and abdominal strength. One of the most common misconceptions is that doing thousands of sit ups will give you a 6 pack. Your core is not only the abdominal muscles but your entire core, including your back.
Here my top 10 effective exercises that will build your core (including your back!):
you can also try variations such as plank jacks, plank step outs, or plank leg lifts
2) Walking planks – shown on Bosu ball to add more of a challenge because of the unstable surface
3) Side plank
4) Split leg sit ups – I usually do these on the Bosu ball
5) Knee tuck on ball
6) Bird dogs – these are so great for your entire core! They can also be done on a Bosu ball for an added challenge
7) Spiderman plank
8) glute bridge – the variation is shown here using a single leg instead of 2
9) pelvic tilt – especially great for those small abdominal muscles in your core. This is also an excellent one for women recovering from pregnancy/diastasis recti
10) side plank hip drop